Report Pupil Absence

Call our attendance line on 01738 472 888 or text us on 07860 049 526 with name, registration group and reason for absence. Alternatively you can send an email to

Report Pupil Absence

Perth Grammar School

Cost of the School Day

Talking about money can be difficult. Not talking about money may mean missing out on help available and may cause stress and feelings of loneliness if you feel unable to talk about money when struggling with costs. It may also affect how young people feel at school. We want every family at Perth Grammar to know support is available to reduce the cost of the school day and to help maximise income for families. We want to make sure every part of our learning community feels part of our school and that every young person has the same opportunity to have Pride, Respect and Ambition in everything that they do. 

More information about the Cost of the School Day can be found on the Child Poverty Action Group website.

If you wish to speak to someone at the school about any financial concerns please contact your young person's Guidance Teacher. 

Welfare Rights Team

The Welfare Rights Team aims to ensure that the residents of Perth and Kinross are not missing out on their entitlement to benefits and other related help by providing a free, confidential and impartial benefits advice, information and appeal representation service.

You can refer yourself (or someone else) to the Welfare Rights Team using our Online Form.

Struggling with the cost of living? Help may be available.

If you are struggling, please ask for help. We understand that it's not your fault, and the Council and our community partners may be able to support you through this. More information can be found on the PKC website

National Entitlement Card and Free Travel Passes

The National Entitlement Card (NEC) can be used across many different services including as a bus pass, library card and Young Scot card. The national travel scheme provides free bus travel Scotland-wide for older people, disabled people and under 22-year-olds.

The National Entitlement Card (NEC) in Perth and Kinross delivers the following services:

  • Free bus travel for Under 22s
  • Free or concessionary travel for 60+ and disabled people including mental health conditions (mental illness, mental disorder and personality disorder)
  • Young Scot (if you are aged 11 to 26 your card carries the PASS hologram and Euro Under 26 brand giving proof of age and local, national, and international discounts)
  • Schools (all PKC secondary schools issue an NEC for cashless catering)
  • Library (use your card at your local library or at school)
  • Voluntary proof of age
  • If you are aged 16-18, or a full time volunteer under the age of 26 the Young Scot NEC gives a 1/3 discount off the adult single fare on most local and long-distance buses in Scotland and also discount on rail journeys and season tickets.

Apply online

Free period products

Those who menstruate should not have to pay for products. Period products can be expensive, and the Scottish Government aim to alleviate this financial pressure by funding local authorities to provide free period products. Products are available from dispensers at reception, 1F013, Technologies and Expressive Arts. 

Scottish Child Payment

The Scottish Child Payment is for parents or carers on low incomes who have a child under 16. It’s a payment of £25 a week for each child under 16. It’s paid every 4 weeks by Social Security Scotland. Click on the link below to learn more about this payment.

Apply online

Practical Subject Costs

There are no charges for practical subject activities including Home Economics, Craft and Design, Drama and Art.

School Uniform

 Our school dress code can be found here. If you are struggling with uniform the Pupil Intervention Team can help. We have a stock of uniforms which are available for all young people. If you have any uniforms that no longer fits your young person you can donate this to the uniform bank via reception. 

Free school meals and school clothing grants

Applications for free school meals and assistance with school clothing/footwear can be made via the PKC website.

Apply online

Alternatively, application forms are available from any Perth & Kinross Council school or from Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth.

Supporting evidence from Jobcentre Plus must be dated within 6 weeks of the date of your claim and Tax Credit Award Notices (TC602) and must relate to the current financial year. Universal Credit statements must relate to your most recent or upcoming payment.

A photograph or screenshot of your evidence taken from your smart phone is acceptable.

In order to avoid delays please check that all information requested is included with your application.  

Claims for free school meals cannot be backdated and entitlement will start from the date valid applications are approved by Education and Children Services.

Any parents/carers who would like further information about this or school meals in general should please contact the ECS Catering Support team at